: In The News

Two men critically wounded in north Denver shooting

Read the story here.

Family Wants Murder Victim’s Story To Have Positive Ending

A murder victim’s family and friends are asking the Denver community to stop the violence.

Clarence Thomas was shot in the back of the head last month while trying to break up a fight after the bars closed downtown, and now the family is urging anyone with information to come forward.

“Losing one life affects a family,” said Arthur Williams, the victim’s father. “It’s all about family with us and the loss of him affected a lot of people.”

Without much for detectives to go on, Wednesday night friends and family held a vigil, saying that they hope the community will end the violence.

“It’s our community. I’m going to hold everybody accountable,” Williams said. “We’re just tired of the violence that’s going around. It just doesn’t make any sense. The kids have no sympathy, no empathy for no one and it just doesn’t make any sense.”

Police hoped to speak to a second victim to identify the shooter, but so far the investigation has not yielded any description of a criminal on the run.

And Thomas’s family wants his story to have a positive ending.

“We raised our son to have sympathy for people, empathy for people, and that’s how he died trying to help someone,” Williams said. ” Every time you see someone, don’t be so mean to someone. Just have a smile on your face to meet someone.”

There was a bill in the legislature this year to change bar hours so patrons weren’t kicked out at the same time, ending in violence like this. The bill died after the governor threatened to veto it.

Click here to see the story.

Friends, Family Say Murdered Man Died A ‘Hero’

DENVER (CBS4)– Denver police continue to search for the suspect in a deadly shooting in downtown Denver.

Friends and family members of Clarence Thomas say he died a hero.

Click here to read more.

Rev. Leon Kelly talks to Regis Jesuit about Gang Violence

22-year-old charged for 2012 Montbello gang murder

Denver prosecutors have charged a 22-year-old man with a gang-related murder in 2012 in the Montbello neighborhood when he was a teen.

Read the rest here!

Two men, including Denver gang member, charged in Montbello drive-by shooting

Two men — one of them a purported Denver gang member — have been charged in an August drive-by shooting in the city’s Montbello neighborhood that left two people wounded.

Jquan Johnson, 19, and Juelues Judkins, a 23-year-old member of the Crips, are suspected of two counts each of attempted first-degree murder, attempted first-degree assault, second-degree assault. The pair also each face two counts each of menacing and a count of illegal discharge of a weapon.

Click to read the rest here.